|About our Church||Calendar||Rotas||Church Archetecture and History
||Church and Village Events
|Contact Us||Pictures||PCC Agendas and Minutes||Aller-Looyas
||St Andrew's Restoration 2009-2018|
Parochial Church Council:
Celia Kozlowski, Secretary; David Major, Treasurer; Pat Harvey, David Mayor, Church Wardens; Penny Bates, Rupert Little, Peter Maltby, Elaine Major, Linda Stamp, John Whitfield
All are Welcome to attend our PCC meetings
DRAFT Minutes for P.C.C. Meeting -- 2 September 2010
Olde Pound Inn snug
1. Welcome and Prayers
Apologies: Dave Mayor, Penny Bates; Elaine and David Major; Peter Maltby; Linda Stamp
2. Minutes for the previous meeting: Pat Harvey moved approval, Rupert seconded the motion and the minutes for July 22, 2010 were unanimously approved.
3. Matters Arising: None
* Fabric – John: Roof repairs by Rowsell Roofing are now underway. This repair and some gutter cleaning should see us through for a few years. The next jobs are mor major. The longer term (5 year) projects include work on the tower. There are a few small internal jobs that need to be completed in the next year, including securing stone finials at the back of the altar. These could present a safety issue. Pat noted that there are missing and loose stones on the south wall (haha) of the churchyard.
* Fabric – Pat: The clearout was a great success, as is the new vacuum. A motion of thanks to all who helped was unaniomously approved. Pat suggested we make a protective cover for the wedding kneeler from blue curtain fabric in the church. John suggested the value of the fabric be checked with Valerie.
* Finance: David Major -- see appended report, below.
* Fundraising & Events -- Rupert: Fun Day, Sept. 11: Number of tables needed appears to be six plus whatever Elaine requires. Total should be sent to Tracey with the Village Hall Committee and copied to Rupert. Celia: Bouncy ball racing does not appear to be economically viable. I will do face painting.
Pat: Harvest Supper will be on October 9. Menue will be Cottage Pie with green salad, Peas, Apple Pie, (with Fruit Salad as an alternative), plus Cheese and Biscuits. Pat and/or Linda will seek out teenagers to help with the washing up. Suggestions for entertainment were: John Lees of Aller; Take Note, and acoustic musicians associated with the Celtic worship. Rupert and Pat will follow up.
* Worship / Music/ Future services -- service plan for the next couple of months --queries from Dave Mayor: The PCC moved and approved plans for October, namely Harvest Supper on 9 October; Songs of Praise service with Bishop Michael's party on 10 October, and requesting a Eucharist service on 31 October, using the Book of Common Prayer. Also moved and approved were plans for November with the 2nd Sunday for Remembrance service. Dave Mayor will organize this service for the appropriate time. It was suggested that groups such as the SnapDragons, Rec, Bell Ringers, Church Wardens, exMilitary, etc. be invited to participate as they have in the past. The PCC voted in favor of inviting High Ham to join us for a joint St Andrew's Day this year if possible. Dave Mayor was urged to seek 19th December for the Carol Service., and enthusiastically encouraged to seek a priest for conducting a Christmas Eve Midnight Mass in the village. With services on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, an additional service on Sunday, Dec. 26 may be too much, so we should have no service that day. There was encouragement to have a BellRingers' service on New Year's Day.
* Communications -- Celia -- No news. No progress yet on a directory --
* Bells -- Rupert -- No news.
5. Team Council Items: Next meeting: 14 September. Rupert and Celia will attend.
6. All other business -- None
7. Date of next meeting: Thursday, November 11, 7:00 p.m. in the Old Pound Inn Snug
Send an E-mail to St. Andrews Church, Aller: St.Andrews.Aller@googlemail.com
Send an E-mail Prayer request: email@example.com