|About our Church||Calendar||Rotas||Church Archetecture and History
||Church and Village Events
|Contact Us||Pictures||PCC Agendas and Minutes||St Andrew's Restoration 2009-2018|
Parochial Church Council:
Celia Kozlowski, Secretary; David Major, Treasurer; Penny Bates, Pat Harvey, Rupert Little, Peter Maltby, Elaine Major, David Mayor, Linda Stamp, John Whitfield
All are Welcome to attend our PCC meetings
Minutes of the PCC for St. Andrew's
Minutes of P.C.C. Meeting 14 May 2010________________________________________________________
held at St Andrews
1. Dave Mayor opened the meeting with prayers.
2. Present: Penny Bates; Elaine Major; John Whitfield; Peter Maltby; Rupert Little; David Mayor; Celia Kozlowski; Pat Harvey David Major
Apologies: Rev. Hugh Ellis; Linda Stamp
3. Minutes for the previous meeting were approved as a true record.
4. Matters Arising: We confirmed that all on the PCC knew that the Bishops have changed their plans due to ill health and now expect to remain in the village.
A new team curate named Jess Pitman will be arriving in July and Pat mentioned that she will be residing in Newtown -- handy for Aller. [Secry.'s note: Revd. Ellis adds that Mrs. Pitman's spouse is named Chris and they have five children, with three away at university and the other two, Sam and Toby somewhere around 11 & 14 yrs old.]
Dave Mayor suggested that working clusters of people in the church be organized along the following lines:
Celia and others stressed the importance of involving others on each work cluster.
6. Future Services
May: 23 May will be a Morning Prayer service at 11 a.m. -- with the time kept as planned in case some people did not get word that the farewell service for the Bishops was cancelled. 30 May will be a 6:30 p.m. Songs of Praise service followed by wine and nibbles -- possibly burgers. Aller musicians will present music in honor of the Bishops.
Beyond: Dave Mayor discussed the challenges Aller will have with the Bishops no longer taking services. Celia asked the PCC, if something has to give, what should it be? What is most important? Keeping the time of the service? Having several communion services each month? Having traditional or non-traditional worship? Rupert said the most important thing was high-quality services, preferrably short. John said communion services. Elaine said it was important to have more contemporary, non-communion services that appealed to new people. Celia proposed the following plan; Elaine seconded it and all but one PCC member voted in favor of a pattern of services that included :
--an All-age village service once a month led by Dave Mayor
--a Communion service with a Team priest once a month
--Team Eucharist once a month and
--a short (30 mins) evening Songs of Praise service once a month
When possible, clergy such as Grant Welsh, Charles Howard, the new curate, and even guest priests from farther afield should be worked in for variety at the end of the month, especially when there is a 5th Sunday in the month. Communion can be added when a priest is available for a fourth or fifth Sunday.
8. All Other Business: Pat Harvey said it is urgent to have a church clear-out and clean up of the South Porch. Penny will assist in organizing this. Celia will alert people via the Roundabout that this will be happening in late summer, urging people to notify us of items left in the South Porch that must not be discarded. Some vases and decorations may be organized and/or removed to the back vestry in the course of a clean-up of the closet there. Pat noted that the South Porch is one of the architectural highlights of the church and so it is important that the area be presentable. It was mentioned that there had been a previous plan for enclosed shelving across one wall of the South Porch, but the plan was never carried to completion.
9. Date of next meeting will be arranged for the 1st or 2nd Wednesday in July at 8 p.m. in the snug at the Olde Pound Inn.
The meeting adjourned at 9:34 p.m.
Send an E-mail to St. Andrews Church, Aller: St.Andrews.Aller@googlemail.com
Send an E-mail Prayer request: firstname.lastname@example.org